PG2R is the highest-performance heated rain gauge with 200 cm2 captation surface on the market today, it is certifiable in class A according to the criteria of the UNI EN 17277:2020 standard. Accurate, usable without mains power supply also at low temperatures, it indicates any malfunctions before they cause interruption of measurement.
PG2R does not require any mains power, only with the aid of battery and solar panel it can measure the water equivalent of solid precipitations down to very low temperatures.
PG2R measures liquid precipitation and water equivalent of solid precipitation with an output resolution of 0.1 mm. The error of the PG2 product class is less than 3% up to 700 mm/h.
Unlike that guaranteed by the most popular sensors based on weight technology, PG2R measures with this degree of accuracy from the first minute following the phenomenon detected, thus being particularly suitable for the timely measurement of downpours.
PG2R contains diagnostics to verify the:
clogging of the funnel
correct functioning of the heaters;
correct inclination of the sensor;
correct functioning of the sensing elements;
status of the moving parts, to warn in advance of potential breakdowns.
When all 3 heaters are on: Max 60W.
Heaters power on only during snowfalls. Each of the 3 heaters powers off individually when it reaches the suitable temperature to melt the solid precipitation. So average energy consumption can be estimated based on the annual solid precipitations expected at the installation site.
Max 5% 700÷1000 mm/h
Max 10% 1000÷1200 mm/h
Support tool for CAETech's products buyersLog In
- - the attention to detail, starting with the design phase;
- - encoded, tracked and certified production processes;
- - the use of high quality materials;
- - the experience and training of production engineers.
- - redundant elements, which make sure that, if an element breaks, the product sends an alert while operating normally, giving time to intervene with the replacement without losing any data;
- - diagnostic sensors of various types, such as the ones for the verification of:
- o the correct inclination of the product,
- o the quality of the acquired measurement,
- o the value of the voltage input,
- o the status of inputs and outputs,
- o the conditions of the internal temperature,
- o the reliability of the RF link between all devices,
- o etc.